Monday, September 24, 2007

Pity Party: Who Do You Feel Sorry For?

Been a while since we've done this one, so here goes:

I feel sorry for Marcel Marceau. While I appreciate Gwydion's call for a moment of silence, I suppose the real irony is that he is now indeed a man trapped in a box.

I feel sorry for the private defense contractors in Iraq working for Blackwater Security. I'm just glad that our mainstream media has a sense of perspective on this story, I mean, all they did was to murder some innocent people, it's not like they were trying to steal sports memorabilia or something.

I feel sorry for General David Petraeus. Not only did that liberal group Move On.org pick up on his own troops calling him "General Betray-us," but his boss Admiral William Fallon, the head of Central Command, called him "an ass-kissing little chickenshit." Come on here, people, that's not nice. I agree with Congress that American soldiers should not be working in a hostile environment.

So, who do you feel sorry for this week?