Saturday, March 08, 2008

Comedist Announcement

Brothers, Sisters, and Transgendered Comedists Everywhere,

It is less than three weeks until April 1st, Saint Shecky's Day, the holiest day of the Comedist calendar and during holy moley week I will be celebrating my imminent 40th birthday by performing at an open mic stand-up competition at Magooby's Joke House on Thursday night, March 27. The show starts at 7:30, but they ask you to be there by 7:20. It's a $5 cover and two-item minimum. It would thrill me to no end to see some Playground friends there, so please consider this an invitaiton if you happen to be in the Baltimore area.

I see this as a sort of Comedist version of a bar mitzvah, where I am called forward onto the stage to take the mic and do the funny works of the Cosmic Comic. After this, I will have had the true experience of the comedian. Been tightening the routine -- it's a ten minute slot -- ready and raring to go.

The one thing that I need help and will appeal to you fine friends for is a few good heckler response lines. I'm used to working classrooms where a flash of the red pen generally silences critics...but in a room full of drunk people, I need ammo. Here's the one I have in case of a female heckler:

My wife, ladies and gentlemen, usually she only heckles after sex, not that I'm awake to hear it.
Other snappy comebacks you can think up?

Live, love, and laugh,

Irreverend Steve